“thank you tech week”
tonight was the last night of “tech” week. We have a preview tomorrow and friday and we open saturday night, which brings me to :
Things Aiyani can’t stand about “Oliver!” :
1) Unorganized Directors
2) Directors who waste actors time by calling a cast of 45 together while a solo song is run for light and sound check
3) Stage Managers who say “quiet please” when the choreographer is teaching a (new) dance to his dancers, the musical director is speaking to 15 children, and the director is speaking with the lighting guy. . . everyone in the house IS quiet
4) Directors who decide to add an encore piece 2 days before a paying audience is in the house, but also doesn’t give any rehearsal time for it so the actor/dancers are learning it in the lobby between scene changes
5) Directors who change who does what for a scene change but doesn’t tell everyone (read didn’t tell the kids they didn’t need to help anymore, and then yelled at them for doing something wrong)
6) when dancers on stage are asking questions that were answered weeks ago in the rehearsal hall but just NOW are realizing they haven’t been doing it right
7) certain peoples vibrattos (sp??)
Things Aiyani Likes about “Oliver!” :
1) My boyfriend is the Assistant Sound Designer, so the effects sound better than they would’ve (i’m partial to liking him though, so that’s cheating)
2) The choreographers patience and ability to use the words “please” and “thank you” even though he wants to swear
3) Soon it will open, which means soon it will CLOSE
4) The Fellow swings are dedicated and hard workers
5) the choreographers willing to jump in and fix EVERYTHING the director hasn’t done right.
6) Bryn Harris as Nancy
If you go to PCPA and don’t like what I wrote – I’m not sorry, I’m allowed to have an opinion and I’m allowed to express it on my personal journal page
If you were going to see PCPA Theatrefests Rendition of “Oliver!” – don’t, save it to see me as a the ever seductive cheese grater this summer in solvang
If you’re pregnant – how are you?
If you’re kaza – have you seen the yanks in person yet this year?
If you are Lisa Marie – I’ve lost my pancake recipe paper and No on the “Boomers” option, its still a wedding for a princess remember??
If you are my future brother-in-law I like the hair
If you are John Mayer please contact me directly via myspace.com – i AM one of your friends. I’m the pretty one who wants you to be ordained as a minister so i can marry both the men I love.
If you’re wondering, and you’re probably not – I’ve changed my wedding date to July 21, 2007. I LOVED 7/7/07 but its too close to the fourth and I don’t want to be in competition with other big days.
If you’re now wondering if I’m engaged – no I’m not, its something we’ve just discussed
If you know of a place to get hitched that is indoors, not a church nor a hotel – let me know
and if you feel like commenting on anything, please do so – it makes me think people actually care.
have a great Easter, sleep in, pray, or paint and look for hardboiled eggs.
PS. Today is now thursday 4/13 – there are 4 shopping days til my birthday.
I still want a Polar Heart Rate Monitor
I still want an IPOD
and I still want a Magic Bullet; which contrary to (apparent) popular belief is not a sex toy, its a kitchen appliance.