Fourth day of Vacay, CA and Vegas (or how Allegiant Air sucks, but Paul rocks); 6/10/2011
Remember…I never finished all these vacation stories. I have these notes, and because I don’t want to keep this in the “draft” section, I’m going to bullet point the rest of my vacation days from my June 2011 visit
* Woke up early and packed and did not have coffee. I showered, and did not have coffee and Maamm and I were out the door to the Santa Maria Airport flying Allegiant Air to Las Vegas
* Allegiant air does this thing where you can pick your seat, for an added fee–but they don’t really tell you it’s an added fee. They sort of let that one slip. My Maamm spend and extra $120 because of that, not okay. The landing in Vegas was so rough we bounced HARD and most of the people in the cabin let out small fear cries, I was doing a sudoku puzzle.
* Ma and I had lunch at CPK in the airport. We split a caesar salad, and a BBQ chicken pizza and it was yum.
* The hotel we stayed at was in Downtown Vegas, which is different from the strip–and a few miles from it. We stayed and some historical hotel called Cortez…or something like that. The lobby smelled of old lady perfume and smoke. I thought it was just some old lady that may have walked by, or maybe they were pumping “air freshner” with the a/c…but nope…there was just…a LOT of old people and their smelly colognes and perfumes. gross.
* We got a couple rounds of drinks from a bar in the lobby, played penny and nickel slots, then decided to find a liquor store. We walked a few blocks and found a store with other trinkets and stuffs that we decided we look at tomorrow. Maamm got her Three Olives Chocolate Vodka, I got Seagrams 7 and some 7 up and we went back to our hotel room. Watched TV and ordered pizza. We drank and got typsy, that was fun.
* Then we saw PAUL McCARTNEY AT THE MGM. He played for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Ma sang along to EVERY SINGLE SONG. It was amazing. I took her for her birthday. I sang along to the songs I knew. Paul would tell stories. He is a funny guy. Then he told us Yoko Ono was there, Olivia Harrison, Sean Lennon, and Nancy (the woman he is dating). Words cannot describe what an experience it was to see such a legend. My Mom has been in love with this guy since she was 9, she’s in her fifties now. Just sayin’
* We took a bus to our hotel and went to sleep. I could’ve gone downstairs to the smelly old peoples hangout section (the entire hotel lobby) but I decided I was excited to sleep. That happens as you age…